Things I Carry, Part 3
0 comment Monday, June 30, 2014 |
Sometimes I travel light, with just an old Eastern Mountain Sports hiking fanny pack slung bandolier style over shoulder and containing a tangerine and some paper clips.
Yesterday was a bit different, I was pretty much fully loaded, and have bruises on my spine to prove it.

Within my large Speedo backpack (re-appropriated from my little brother's swimming career), I carried the following:
A light brown lamb's wool scarf (Made in Scotland!)
A mini U-lock and a pocket Alan Wrench set
Rock Climbing Harness & Shoes
Half eaten 1 lb bag of Pecans, 1 Clementine, 1 sample size Clif Nectar bar, 1 Lara bar, 1 Clif Bar
4 short ends of Rock Climbing Rope (approx 30 feet each)
1 Three ring binder, a copy of "Think for Yourself" by Steve Hindes
All told, this was about 40 lbs I think, mainly from the rope. If there's one thing I will never say no to, it's Free, High Quality Rope. I will have a tire swing in my yard within the month in case anyone is jonesing to play on one.

Labels: