A little gift from your friends at the streets department
0 comment Friday, July 4, 2014 |
This morning, I'm flying down Lincoln for the "Three Blocks of Adrenaline" part of my morning commute. Since the streets have been dry for a few days now, I've been riding back at my normal speed, which, on Lincoln, is usually 18 or 20 mph (that's just a guess). In rush hour traffic, I have no problem keeping up. I was a little late this morning, so there were way fewer cars on Lincoln, which meant they were all going faster, so I was cranking as hard as I could.
When I came upon this, just after the intersection of Lincoln and 14th. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa, shit," I said, no time to really brake, and hoped I didn't hit this and flop into the next lane and have a car run over my head.
(this was taken looking up 14th Avenue, so I hit this going from right to left in the photo)
I don't know what the hell's going on here, but I'm definitely glad I was a little late for work today. In full-on traffic, I would have either crapped my pants or been hit.

Labels: