These are my New Sincerity arm warmers
0 comment Tuesday, May 27, 2014 |
My former co-worker, Eric, introduced me to The Sound Of Young America, and more specifically, the concept of The New Sincerity. I'm not cool, and never have been, except for I think a few months in 2000 and 2001. If I grasp the idea of the New Sincerity, I think it means that you should like the stuff you like, and let everyone know, even if cool people don't like the same things you like. Because hipsters killed irony.
I mean, I appreciate art, but I also love the shit out of the first four Rocky movies. From the Wikipedia entry on the New Sincerity: "It celebrates outsized celebration of joy, and rejects irony, and particularly ironic appreciation of cultural products."
With that, I present my new Led Zeppelin arm warmers. You don't have to like them, but I'd like you to know that they're FUCKING AWESOME.

Labels: