Hugging Buses
0 comment Saturday, October 4, 2014 |
Riding down 17th St. in downtown Denver on my way home from work, traffic was pretty tight. Cars everywhere, stop and go - you get the picture.
An accordion style RTD bus driving directly to my right, at the exact same speed, decided that it could squeeze into my lane to pass other buses that were stopped picking up passengers along the side of the road. I'm not sure what anyone else thinks about the percentage of lane a biker owns while riding, but apparently RTD has decide bikers get 1/4 of their lane.
This RTD bus easily took 3/4 of my lane as it maneuvered around other buses picking up patrons in the far right lane, all the while I'm riding right next to the driver, just looking at him like "What the fuck are you doing?" I could have easily grabbed his driver-side mirror and hitched a ride. Or been sucked under his front wheel. It was getting to the point where I was looking at cars passing me on my left hoping they would give me some of their lane.
Ridiculous.

Labels: