Getting Old.
0 comment Monday, August 25, 2014 |
I just bought the bicycling equivalent of a minivan - a touring bike. And to pay for this, I sold the bicycling equivalent of a sports car - my track bike. There was a time when I thought such a trade was preposterous; my mantra was once "fixed for life" (although I never actually said this aloud, so I'm not sure if I can call it my mantra). I finally made this leap into practicality out of necessity. When I first got into bikes, I rode a few miles at most at a time, meaning that a fixed gear was practical. Now there are days when I have to ride closer to 30 miles in order to balance two jobs and school. And let me tell you, it can be hell to ride a fixed gear 30 miles a day with a ton of stuff strapped to your back. Now I will be able to use 30 gears and have TONS of storage, meaning a happy back and pain free knees.

Labels: