music theory
0 comment Monday, June 2, 2014 |
Short theory on listening to music while riding in the city:
Riding in the city while listening to music will get you killed.
The couple times I tried this - I had scary situations both times. Listening to Bandwitch by Broken Social Scene is great while riding - but still not worth death. It's like talking on the phone while driving - yes, you CAN do both at the same time - but you do neither very well.
This is a theory I've had for a while - but was reminded today when I saw a cyclist come to a "fred flintstone" stop while slamming on his brakes. He didn't hear the car coming over his music and he ran the stop sign. The guy would have been hit by a car going about 30 mph.
Call me crazy, but I think you need most of your god-given senses to cycle responsibly.

Labels: