Honk if you
0 comment Sunday, June 22, 2014 |
HONK. Beep. HHHHHHHOOOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKK.
These are all variations of what cyclists put up with on a day to day basis. This became painfully obvious at this most recent Critical Mass and I noticed it again yesterday, on my way home from work. A pick-up truck pulls out his parking garage and instead of turning into the lane that was closest to him, he wants to pull into mine - right next to me. I was fine with it, by definition, we were "sharing the road". Granted, it was a bit strange that he wanted to drive so close to me, but I was okay with it.
And then he honks at me. I always give people the benefit of the doubt - I mean, he could have been trying to signal his friend Julio on the street -- I don't know...
I just turn around and give him a big smile. And think to myself, "Thanks for the support". I mean, he's honking because he loves bikes, right. I need a bumper sticker for my bike that says, "Honk if you

Labels: