Thanks, ladies
0 comment Friday, May 2, 2014 |
I'm sitting waiting at the stoplight at 12th and Logan and a lady is coming down Logan, turning onto 12th. I'm standing there, right where I would be if I were a car, next to the yellow line. This lady, who is faced with the arduous and heroic task of maneuvering a right turn in her Honda Accord, gives me the goddamn stinkeye as she turns past me. The entire time. Why? Well, since I was standing there in the road, like an idiot, she couldn't swing way out into my lane, easing the centrifugal force on her body as she made the turn. I watched her do it. A few feet behind me, she went over the yellow line by about a foot, trying to make up for lost time. My apologies, ma'am, I know how hard it is for you.
(courtesy Google Maps)
Two blocks later, a blonde girl with an art portfolio wants to cross 12th. So she looks right at me and realizes there's no way she could make it. So of course, she walks right out in front of me. I hit my brakes and wait for her. I think if I were riding a scooter, she would have waited. I'm going back to my plan of making engine sounds the entire time I'm on my bicycle.
I'm getting a bad feeling about today, so I'm staying inside the rest of the day. I have a feeling I'm going to get shit on by the 20 pigeons that sit on top of the stoplight at Broadway and Colfax, in unison.
(courtesy Google Maps)

Labels: ,