Personal best!
0 comment Saturday, May 24, 2014 |
I'm pretty sure this is the coldest weather I've ever biked in. At 8:45 this morning, this was the weather:

For the record, this outfit had me sweating by the time I got to my office:
  • Marmot Work Gloves
  • Windstopper glove liners
  • Capilene midweight baselayer top and bottoms
  • Double-knee Carhartts
  • Smartwool mountaineering socks with another pair of running socks underneath them
  • Synthetic fill puff jacket
  • Columbia hard shell jacket
  • Fleece neck gaiter
  • Fleece beanie
  • Snowboard helmet
  • Snowboard goggles
  • Waterproof hiking shoes
  • Total square inches of exposed skin = 0
    Average speed = 7 or 8 mph
    Total time it took for me to warm up on my way to work = 15 seconds
    Time spent scraping windows on car = 0 minutes
    Time spent getting dressed for commute = 5 minutes
    Of course, I work for a small nonprofit with limited funding, so my office is freezing, and at my desk, I'm still wearing most of that stuff.

    Labels: