Foot Down at Stop Signs
0 comment Sunday, May 11, 2014 |
Today I decided to stop at all stop signs on my bike ride to work (if cars were remotely present).
I quickly found, in the form of a Chevy Cobalt, that some drivers believe bikers and non bikers alike will obey all traffic laws. As we both reached a 4 way stop at the same time, the Chevy zipped through. That's fine. That's the way it should be.
Two intersections later, a school bus driver reached the intersection WAY before me. It waited, probably wondering if I was going to blow through it. I stopped, unclipped and put a foot down. We both waited. Spent 3 seconds looking at each other. Then I decided she was just going to sit there until I went through, so I did.
If you're on a bike, that's one great bus driver. Really looking out for you.

Labels: