Good to be Back on the Saddle
0 comment Friday, October 10, 2014 |
I've been walking the three miles to work and back the past couple days. Now that some of the snow has melted I've regained my confidence and am back on the saddle. I've removed the clipless pedals and am going with platforms. This alone increases my confidence three-fold. There's something about being able to put a foot down at will.
The bike lane is still pretty much covered or has that thin ice sheen almost all the way from East High to downtown, so I stayed in the wagon wheel tracks left over from cars down 16th. My ride a was bit squirrelly in a couple spots, but nothing that my pacemaker couldn't correct.
Looks like it's in the mid-thirties now... Looking forward to the Bike Denver meeting and dinner ride tonight.

Labels: ,